If you are looking for world-class treatment facilities abroad, then Cape Town is your number one stop. Not only has Cape Town been voted as the top tourist destination in the world, for the 7th year in a row, but it boasts some of the best Fertility Reproductive Medicine Specialists in the world too, one of whom pioneered fertility treatment in South Africa.
How Do We Choose The Best Clinic For Me?
We take the pressure off you by guiding you in the best direction, depending on your needs. My Fertility SA (MFSA) acts as your medical tourism concierge service. We are dedicated to assisting patients who are seeking reputable and affordable fertility practices in Cape town, and we are proud to have teamed up with the very best fertility clinics in the country. Our partner clinics are incredibly passionate about assisting couples, single-parents, and the LGBTQ community, desperate to start their own families through Artificial Reproductive Treatments (ART).
What services do you offer?
Once you have chosen a preferred clinic, we will introduce you to your dedicated IVF Coordinator, who will assist you from the start to the very end of your IVF journey. We will, of course, be on hand every step of the way should you need anything!
MFSA includes recommendations on clinics and or donor agencies, setting up initial consultations, booking flights and accommodation, and coordinating with the clinic/donor agency to ensure a smooth journey.
We also offer advice and will arrange tourist excursions or safaris for our clients so that you get to experience some of the majestic wonders of South Africa.
Why Should I Choose Cape Town For My Fertility Treatment?
- The Fertility Clinics and Specialists we have partnered up with are the top clinics in Cape Town
- Our partner clinics have the highest pregnancy success rates in the country, comparable to some of the best clinics in the US
- Our partner clinics boast state-of-the-art laboratories including fully-equipped theatres for procedures
- Fertility Treatment costs in South Africa are significantly lower than in the USA, and is on average the price is roughly a quarter of what similar treatments would cost in the US
- Cape Town not only offers international patients world-class fertility treatments, but your treatment package is combined with the unique opportunity to explore this incredibly beautiful city
- Some of the milestones our physicians have achieved include the first pregnancy from an egg donor in South Africa (1986), the first frozen embryo pregnancy in South Africa (1988), and the first ICSI baby born in South Africa (1995)
What Is There To Do In Cape Town While Receiving Treatment?
The list of activities, sights, sounds, and epicurean delights in Cape Town are endless – so we have added a travel guide on our website that highlights the best things to do in Cape Town while here for your fertility treatment. We have highlighted some of our favourite things to do:
- Cape Town is home to the best wine farms in the world, so you have a plethora of wine routes you can explore. Guided tours are available, which we can arrange for you.
- Table Mountain is a MUST-DO for tourists:
- Cable-Car up or hike up the iconic mountain. We can offer guided hikes, or you can use the cable car for a more relaxed route up and down
- Hike up Lion’s Head
- Visit the penguins at Boulders Beach
- Visit Cape Point – It may not be the southernmost point of Africa, as Cape Agulhas is officially appointed that honour. However, Cape Point certainly makes you feel as if you are standing at the edge of Africa
- Kayak with dolphins
- Shop till you drop at the V&A Waterfront
- Enjoy a breathtaking sunset walk along Sea Point Promenade or along the famous Camps Bay promenade
How Long Would I Need To Stay In Cape Town During Treatment?
The clinic you choose will give you full details of how long you should stay in Cape Town; however, the recommendation is usually between 2-3 weeks. Be sure to visit our FAQ section to get more details.
What Are The Costs Involved?
We have various packages that you can choose from, which you can explore here.
I Am Ready To Get Started – What Happens Next?
We offer you a 20-minute free skype/telephone call with our Director & Founder, Carel van der Merwe, who will talk you through the process so that you can start your fertility journey with us!
If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact us!